Sunday, March 4, 2018

Project Baby: Poppin'



Pills.  I'm taking a lot.  Some are my every day regimen for health reasons, some are new from our RE, some are because I read about it online.  I'm up to 10 each day - small, medium, large, and extra large.

The troops reporting for duty

Pills #1-3 are my every day friends: Lexapro (thanks, generalized anxiety), Singulair (thanks, year-round allergies), and over the counter Zyrtec (did I mention I have allergies?).  These keep me feeling like the best version of me mentally and physically; it's nice to not have crippling anxiety and worries and it's nice to be able to breathe.  I really don't ask for much, folks.

My new every day include the following:
4. The latest Rx for Project Baby (right now we're still on Femara to rustle up an egg in the apparently empty basket that is my one, lonely ovary)
5. Prenatal gummy vitamins that have DHA and Folic Acid.  You should start taking these if you're even thinking about possibly trying to start getting pregnant - so they've been in my routine for awhile now.  Still waiting for the hair & nail bonus.
6. Fish Oil.  Gives me fishy burps - not my favorite.
7. Metformin.  Prescribed by RE as it is shown in studies to promote conception during ART (assisted reproductive technology) treatments.  I take this twice a day.
8. B12 - promotes healthy cell growth; allegedly can help improve egg quality.
9. CoQ10 - also promotes healthy cell growth & allegedly can help improve egg quality.
10. PregPrep FertilPrep - see post from 3/3/18.  FertilPrep is NAC (N-acetyl Cysteine). NAC is a naturally occurring amino acid, mucolytic, and antioxidant that thins viscous mucus + mucus secretions. Thin cervical mucus may ease sperm transport, helping facilitate fertilization.  Why not, right?

That big white one is menacing in size!

I've read blogs, articles, reviews, comments, and stories all over the interwebs about what women have tried to get pregnant.  There is a wealth of information out there to read, and you get to the point where you'll try anything.

The last time we went through this process I went off the deep end.  Example: I read somewhere that eating the core of a pineapple had some properties that would make a fertilized egg stick better.  So I bought a fresh pineapple; cored it; and divided that core into separate baggies to eat over the course of a week.  I spent a week eating just the core of a pineapple, because someone somewhere got a positive pregnancy test result after doing it.  Surprise: it didn't work. At least not for me.  But what if it had?


Sorry Mustachio'd Shia, there is no magic pill or trick to making this work.  I wish magic existed; at the price we pay to try this every month you'd think there should be a little bit of magic in every pill bottle I crack open.

But while magic might not exist in the way we think it does or should - miracles do.  And they happen to regular folks all the time.  I probably won't find a miracle in a pill, in a shot, or in the core of a pineapple -- but who's to say it won't help?  

If you need me I'll be over here, choking down my handful of pills, waiting for our miracle.

xoxo

In a state with no required fertility coverage it takes a village to get it done - if you'd like to donate here's the link:
https://www.gofundme.com/projectbabyc

No comments:

Post a Comment