Sunday, March 11, 2018

Project Baby: Day 12

Day 12 of my cycle - meaning 12 days since my period first started.  Time for an ultrasound to see if I'm going to lay an egg.

These appointments are quick and easy, with just the usual level of invasiveness (which on our scale is like a 1; walk in the park).  It's Saturday morning so I don't expect the office to be too busy.  I get all checked in and wait to be called.

I've gotten so used to this waiting room I could make it my own office.  If only my work were that flexible!  They have nice lighting, plenty of seating, and decent musak to keep me mentally singing along, waiting the minutes away.  Finally, it's my turn.

Back in the Green Room today.  The dim lights and quiet hum of the sonogram equipment is soothing.  It's a new nurse today, haven't seen her before.  She jokes about having short arms and being all up in our lady business - oh honey, we're way past that.  But thanks for being apologetic anyway, makes me smile.

Same view, different day

Lay back, deep breath, here comes the probe.  Poke around at my endometrial (uterine) lining first to get a measurement.  Having been down this road before I know what numbers are the magic ones that mean "go time".  My lining is at 5.4mm -- that sounds a little low to me.  Mental note to discuss with the nurse after we're done.

Is that a probe in your hand or are you just happy to see me?  Bad joke, I apologize.

Time to peek at the follicles.  Remember back to Days 5-9 and I was taking Femara to stimulate egg production.  I've got one that's measuring at a 16mm, one at a 9mm, and a few small.  Dang it.  I know they're looking for them to be a bit larger, more "mature" before we trigger ovulation and release it to the wild to unite with hubby's swimmers.  I wanted to record the session but she said they don't allow it - unless I was doing a documentary but "I don't think you'd want to do that, this is a really personal thing."  She has no idea.  But, we're done now just as fast as we got started, I can get dressed, and wait for the nurse to come in to discuss.

As I suspected, my egg hasn't cooked enough yet.  The nurse wants to see me back at 815a tomorrow for another peek.  I'm 0.5mm away from a sufficient lining, so this will give me another 24 hours to boost that too.  Follicles can grow at a rate of 1mm or more every 24 hours, and we're hoping for a 19-21 ... really ripe and ready for the job.

Today's stats

So, time to shuffle back home and wait.  I'm good at waiting.  See you tomorrow.

xoxo

In a state with no required fertility coverage it takes a village to get it done - if you'd like to donate here's the link:
https://www.gofundme.com/projectbabyc

No comments:

Post a Comment