Saturday, March 3, 2018

Project Baby: Day 5

It's a lazy Saturday in our house today.  We napped, I ordered groceries, we cleaned the house a little -- and we napped some more.  Our dogs have cabin fever so they've been in and out quite a bit trying to enjoy the 50-some degree day.  We need to enjoy the weather tomorrow - allegedly there is more snow coming.  I can hear the pups chasing each other in the bedroom right now; those sounds make me smile.

It's Day 5 of my cycle (measured by period days) and today was the first dose of Femara (generic: Letrozole).  5mg every day for the next 5 days.  This is the pill that tells my ovary to do something - make something - act now!!!  I hope it works.

There's a specific Walgreens in our area that stocks all the fertility drugs, and while I was waiting for my $4.17 Femara (the cheapest part of this entire process) I found some supplements in the vitamin area:

learn more here: https://pregprep.com/

I've never heard of or seen this before, so I picked up a bottle to learn more.  According to the box this is a mucus thinner developed by a doctor who was trying for her own pregnancy in her late 30s.  I've heard about women taking Mucinex before while trying to conceive, but never understood why.  Thanks to this packaging it explained it: a woman's vagina produces mucus and thinning it can help the sperm travel more freely to the egg.  Makes a lot of sense, so what the hell -- add it my growing stash of supplements.  $30 a bottle and that's a 1 month supply.  I'm supposed to take it twice a day, but I forgot to already.  I'll start that tomorrow then. LOL

My next ultrasound is in a week and that's to see if I'm responding to the medicine and producing an egg.  Fingers crossed.  And legs, toes, eyes, etc.  We need this to work.

Speaking of work, I'm looking into part time jobs to generate the funds to pay for Project Baby.  I am a PartyLite girl (don't hate) but that's really not doing anything for me.  I don't know where all the candle lovers are, but apparently they aren't in my network of friends or family.  I've driven for Uber and Lyft before, but hate the idea of driving strangers around late at night.  I've looking into StitchFix, but they aren't accepting new "stylists" in my area right now.  What else is out there?  A paper route?  Delivering food?  I need to figure something out, as our big baby bill is going to be due really soon.

If you have any suggestions let me know.  Until then I'm going go to back to Netflix and enjoy the rest of my weekend.  Monday always comes too soon.

xoxo

In a state with no required fertility coverage it takes a village to get it done - if you'd like to donate here's the link:
https://www.gofundme.com/projectbabyc

No comments:

Post a Comment