Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Welcome!

Hello!  I'm Becky and this is my own virtual diary, documenting my musings and craftings. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me, and after the urging of some friends and co-workers I decided to finally share my take on life and publish it for whomever may be interested. If that isn't you, I recommend you move on to something else now - it's not going to get much better :)

The name of my blog (gawd, can I tell you how grossly pretentious I feel using that word? I am not a hipster, I do not want to be a hipster, and I see this as more a journaling of my inner monologue...blog, gross) anywho the name of my site is inspired by one of the greatest women I have ever known: my grandma, Trudy, whom I miss dearly every day. As I get older I find that her and I share a lot of the same creative juices, and I love that I can see so much of her in myself.

She was the keeper of all family stories and memories; she was my summer camps and spring vacations, and all the sick days when I wasn't old enough to stay home alone; she taught me how to play cards, how to cook some good food and bake some delicious treats; and she showed me how to have fun doing the mundane (grocery shopping was suddenly fun as long as it included Sample Day and the lobster tank at Lunds!). Her biting humor, infectious laugh, and general love of life are all traits I strive to find and share every day. In some way, I am hoping this journal/diary/whatever is a small tribute to the indelible mark she has left on me.

That said, I hope you enjoy what you read on these pages -- most of all of this should be happy, funny, bubbly content but I can't make any promises that I won't occasionally drift into more serious and personal stories. To me you can't have the good without knowing what bad is like, so who knows if I need to verbally dump one day what might show up here. If that ever happens, hopefully you'll be able to relate to it as well and find the silver lining with me.

Mixed in with my views will be some craft projects that I unknowingly find myself drawn to -- my husband and family can attest to the fact that I'm always up to something and there is always a work-in-progress (insert something deep about that being a metaphor for life).

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave comments or reach out with any questions. Happy reading!


Standard disclaimer: all views expressed throughout this blog are my own, and are not reflective of anyone else. Any products I might make reference to are not related to any endorsements received (though if you'd like to offer I'm always open to bribes! I kid, I kid) and again just my own impressions and views after using.

No comments:

Post a Comment