Tuesday, February 11, 2014

1/28/14: The Bachelor - Ep 4

Happy Tuesday!
First, I just want you all to know how dedicated I am to bringing you accurate recaps and score updates each week – my hubby and I only have one car, he is working the evening shift now, and so I had to leave home at 7:45-8:40 to pick him up from work last night.  To ensure I didn’t miss one (albeit rather dull) moment, I webcam recorded the show while I was gone and watched it after we got back (note to self: must add DVR to our next Xfinity upgrade).  I have a promise to uphold to you all, and I don’t take that duty lightly.
Alright, let’s get back to the regularly scheduled programming.  We started the evening with our beloved Chris Harrison telling the ladies they had 1 hour to pack their crap as the show was going on the road!  SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!  First stop: Seoul!  Fake-Babybump Clare: “I don’t even have a kimono!”  Uh, wrong country sweetie.  Here is some recommended reading for your flight: http://www.ehow.com/info_8554752_differences-clothing-japanese-traditional-clothing.html
We started with a  group date that had all attendees posing as the back-up dancers for the K-pop group 2NE1.  Kat mistakenly thought she was on “So You Think You Can Dance” while Nikki would rather have had emergency surgery than be there.  But, they all did their best and had a GREAT TIME!!  I love how 2NE1 didn’t even explain to the mall crowd who the random Americans were dancing behind them, they just instructed the crowd to clap for them.  HAHAHA  ah well, Korean doesn’t seem to be in any of the ladies’ language repertoire so they were none the wiser J
The 1:1 date went to the ever-awkward Sharleen.  She doesn’t emote very well, and seems really uncomfortable around JP - or any other human, really.  They sampled some local market food, and JP made her sing the scales for him (apparently that isn’t a first date kind of thing for her, she usually saves that for the 2nd date.  She could have saved it for never IMO).  She then proceeded to tell JP that she’s never really considered having children or a family, but he appreciated her honesty and gave her a rose.  Maybe he had momentary amnesia and forgot that he has a daughter?? … this ought to be interesting!  I would like to request that ABC not show these two kissing anymore – it’s one of the weirdest, grossest things to watch.  I won’t go into detail, but in your down time from home feel free to YouTube it if you’re curious.  Take my word for it, though – EW
The last group date had the team exploring more of Seoul, including fish pedicures and eating octopus.  We find out later that the octopus made Clingy Clare throw up in her mouth a little, but that she choked it all back down.  Hope she brushed her teeth or at least gargled some mouthwash before smooching JP at the cocktail party.  Blech.  Lauren S. tried to kiss JP at the group date, and was denied in a major way!!  I don’t know if they have actually ever talked, so I can’t blame him for being a little scared that this relatively unknown chick comes at him with lips puckered.  Poor girl, she was awash with regret immediately and proceeded to cry and make him even more uncomfortable.  I love watching men’s reactions to seeing girls cry – they get flustered and panic trying to get it stop.  Classic!
Clare is getting progressively clingy and jealous, so it’s just a matter of time before she has a meltdown.  Get the popcorn ready for that one!  I’m wondering if Clare knows Tierra from Sean’s season – they both have really intense eyebrow curves that makes me uneasy.  It’s the one above her left eye I don’t trust – it’s steadily creeping toward her hairline as she steadily dials the crazy up:
And Tierra for reference:
Maybe it’s a coincidence, maybe they have the same eyebrow shaper – we may never know. 
At the cocktail party Nikki and Clare got into the most quiet confrontation ever – they exchanged what felt like whispers about how Nikki acts different around the other girls than she does JP.  Well, last I checked Nikki wasn’t trying to woo any of the ladies in the house so that’s understandable.  Clare told Nikki her behavior didn’t warrant a rose, and Nikki calmly reminded her she’s not the one who decides that.  BOOM!  I mean boom!
On to the rose ceremony: Among all the stone-cold faces staring down the firing squad of roses was one girl that wouldn’t let the odds get her down: Elise.  That girl had her pageant smile on the entire ceremony.  And … oh, good grief, she really is a pageant girl:
Can I call it or what?!!
With that lacquered grin I wasn’t surprised that she smiled on her way out.  It didn’t even fade when she hobbled across the stone courtyard in her sky-high heels – not gonna lie I was hoping she would fall down or twist her ankle … it was late and I was getting sleep-grumpy, what do you want from me?!
Oh, I guess I jumped the gun there – well anyway Miss Philadelphia International was sent home as was unrequited-kisser Lauren.  JP spent nary a second mourning the loss and moved on to telling the ladies their next destination in this international adventura for amour: Vietnam! 
Tweet of the night:
Sooo romantic!!  J/K I’ve heard that Vietnam is a beautiful country, so I can’t wait to see next week’s episode!
This concludes week 4! 

No comments:

Post a Comment