Monday, January 30, 2017

1/30/17: The Bachelor - ep 5

Hi!!!!!!!!

Mondays - my first least favorite day of the week, but today marks the 4 day countdown to vacation so I'll find a way to cope :)

Tonight we pick up where we left off with Taylor vs Corrine.  This pretty much sums it up:

The Platinum Vageen wins Round 1

DING DING DING ladies: head to neutral corners - we have a Rose Ceremony to get through.  Nick said sayonara to Astro and Sarah - but no time to grieve because you need to pack your bags ... we're going to New Orleans!!

1:1 Date
Rachel (First Impression) is chosen and Taylor is pissed.  She needs to chill, because her name lands on the dreaded 2-on-1 date card -- but more on that later.  Rachel & Nick stroll the French Market looking at various wares: Mardi Gras masks, jewelry, and OOH alligators!


Sorry, I love me some ancient reptiles -- I think I was a croc whisperer in a past life, and they are just one of the many reasons I'm excited to be heading south in 4 DAYS!!!  *ahem*  excuse me, I'm really trying to control my outbursts!

They move along and sample some snacks: oysters, hot sauce, and beignets.  I thought the latter were supposed to be delicious - but this is Nick's face while eating:

um...yum?

Maybe it was the oysters working their way back up ... urp.

He chokes it all down just in time for a Second Line to come through and sweep them up.  The girls catch a glimpse from their hotel room and feel all kinds of jelly.  That sucks.  Free concert, honest feelings, and a rose.

Group Date: A Haunting
The gaggle of geese go to the most haunted house in New Orleans and play with the spooks.  Boo Radley gives them the low-down of the house and all the spooky shit in it.  Jasmine taunts whatever spirits might be there and I think she's going to end up with something attached to her long after she leaves NOLA.

Lest we forget, however, Taylor and Corrine are back at the hotel alone preparing for their 2:1 date.  Taylor is sniffing bath salts, and Corrine is filling up her empty leg with the full range of offerings on the Room Service menu:

Get it, girl!

That's a giant steak, mashed potatoes, "cheese pasta", Cesar salad, chicken wings, and a full dessert cart.  I give her mad props for enjoying the amenities while stuck there.  But no wonder she has to nap all the time - girl is always in a food coma!

For tonight's tie-in to the "Beauty and the Beast" live-action release we have the Group Date Rose under glass.

"That's the best plug you can do for my new movie?" - says Hermoine Belle Beiber*

*gag*  I hear ya, girl.  At least when "Cinderella" was coming out the contestant got to dress up like a princess for a glam 1:1!  The rose is bestowed upon Danielle M. and we're ready to head into Rock 'em Sock 'em Round 2.


Two on One Date ... duh duh dunnn
We spend 30 minutes focused on these two bitching about each other to the camera, to Nick, and to each other.  They hop into a boat and float down the bayou.  I got distracted by the sweet piece of man meat serving as tour guide:

Bayou Babe - rawr!**
Time for some voodoo.  I'm fascinated by voodoo and tarot, so this would actually be a really interesting date.  Instead we have the 3 biggest idiots on television asking really dumb questions.  In a not-at-all surprising moment Nick gives Corrine the rose.  Taylor has no parting words for him and just sits at the table watching them float back upstream.  She does go back to the voodoo ceremony to get cleansed, and then hightails it to the cemetery that N & C are at.  WHAT HAPPENS NEXT??  Cliffhanger - TBD next week ...

Speaking of: I might be delayed with next week's recap because I'll be soaking up the sun on the beach.  But I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

xoxo


*For anyone who isn't aware, this is the actual doll's face for the new Belle Barbie ... it's supposed to be based on Emma Watson.  You know - the actress who's playing Belle?  Yeah, no one else sees it either.

**J/K - I'm sure he's right up someone's alley - but it ain't mine.  That tiny tee and flowing ponytail are just not my style... I had to clarify before y'all got the wrong idea LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment