Saturday, March 1, 2014

Decorating: Side Table Vignet

This should almost be Part 2 to the post about our bar re-do, as it is the direct result of that change. When we sold the large bar and downsized to the cabinet that fit in the dining room, we were finally able to center our huge sectional in the living room. Moving the sofa freed up a lot of space in front of the window, and I knew just how to fill it!

We had a matching tripod floor lamp in the guest room that we brought back downstairs, and with the estate sale clean-out of my Grandma and Grandpa's house fully underway I inherited a gem of an accent table. They used to use it as a pedestal for their smaller Christmas tree, so it's really special to me to have it in my home now.

It's a medium-stained wood, pedestal leg, round table. There is one drawer with a great lion's head pull, and the four claw feet off the pedestal are metal-capped. What character!!


I like little pops of color and sparkle, and was able to sprinkle both in with tchotchkes I bought at Hobby Lobby (can I just say that I love that store?! Every fall for the past 4 years I've trekked down to the Rochester location with my mom and sister to plow through their Christmas decorations - now that there is a store in Woodbury I am pleased as punch! Watch out, Mr. Becky - this could get dangerous ;) hahaha)

I found a really cool picture frame that is printed with several different state license plates, a "mercury glass" type owl, and a teal glass jug. I like grouping items in threes (or fours in this case because the table is large enough to accommodate) for visual interest and I really liked the mix of materials, finishes, and colors I was able to blend together. The final piece on the table is a glass 'snowball' candle holder that was also my Grandma and Grandpa's.


I love how it turned out - what do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment