Monday, May 26, 2014

5/26/14: The Bachelorette - Ep 2

We join the 19 guys as they settle in to the mansion.  They are toasting, smiling, and Andi hasn't even shown up yet.  Chris H does and comes with the epic First Date card.

Eric is the Chosen One; they went to the beach and built sand castles (Eric: "we built our first house together"), flew kites, normal day-at-the-beach stuff.  Oh, well it was until the helicopter lands; I guess that isn't normal.  Hey, is Anal Emil flying it??  At least he would've gotten a paycheck out of the deal even if he didn't get love -- ABC should just add him as staff, it'd be more economical that way to have a pilot on standby.

Watching Eric on a date is breaking my heart and we're only into week 2.  He has such a good time on the dates, seems so in love with life, and is (for lack of a better word given the circumstances) so ALIVE.  Knowing that he is no longer of this earth is so sad and I don't know how much more I can take.  ABC needs to start editing him out as a bit player until he gets sent home - or else they need to ship all viewers a box of Kleenex. GAH.

Dry those tears and let's move on.  We Magic Miked for the group date!  Matthew McConaughey was a better den mother than the snakeskin suit jacket guy, but boy these dudes have some moves!  I gotta say 10 of those 14 guys would put the Go Go Dancers from The Saloon to shame - they have a fallback career in male dancing entertainment!  Sharleen and Kelly (dog lover) from last season joined Andi to watch the show, and I was sooo hoping that Sharleen and the Man Opera Singer (I can't remember his name ... Brad?  Sure, Brad) would find each other and ride off into the sunset... Maybe in the next reincarnation of Bachelor Pad this summer ;)  And I wish Chris Harrison would have been the special guest performer, America's crush on him (me included) just keeps growing!

Best part of the night: watching Craig get annihilated.  He was crushing big time on Josh M. starting in the revue rehearsals, and kept going through the cocktail party.  Everything was "awesome!" - this face says it all:
He was ready to PARTY.

Andi wasn't feeling it and it almost ruined her evening - but she somehow managed to get past it with the help of one of the other 13 guys on hand.  Good for her.

Second date, Andi took the Bachelor Farmer Chris to the horse races.  Chris seemed like the girl counterpart on the date: Andi picked some clothes for him to change into a la Pretty Woman, he kept blushing and gushing about how he couldn't believe she had picked him for a date, giddy as a schoolgirl getting asked to prom - I tell ya, the estrogen levels among these guys is at an all-time high.

We ended their date with a private serenade by some tinkering toodlehimer guys - I don't know who they are and I don't care to.

Cocktail party: Craig was touching Josh M. the entire time, so I felt bad for him and the bad touch - BUT I figured out what was bugging me about Nick V.!!  He looks JUST LIKE John Lithgow circa Footloose:


I told you I'd figure out what what up with that guy!  And I only needed one more week - I think having today off from work heightened my senses for tonight's episode.

In the end we bid farewell to 3 fellas: Nick S., Craig, and Carl.  No big loss there - let's spend a millisecond mourning their departure and move on to next week.  We get our first 2-parter episode kicking off Sunday!  There will be tears, possible girlfriends, and a boy band that 90% of the 20-somethings today won't know: Boys II Men!  They must have a tour or CD release coming out soon, I'll check on that and get back to ya.

Quote of night:
Nick S. the golfer: "I'm excited to be in the house that so many people have fallen in love in." Uh, have you checked the stats on the "happily ever afters" for the show?  Like 3 people have fallen in love, so your odds aren't great.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, baldy.

See you Sunday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment