Friday, February 23, 2018

You're invited

This is my personal invitation to you.  To be a part of a very personal adventure.

Pack your bags.  Buckle in.  It's time to go.

*********************************************************************************

If you're not familiar with the beginning, start here.  If you remember that from 18 months ago, then welcome back.  I'm opening the door to the most vulnerable parts of our lives right now once again.  I'm scared, I'm nervous, but I'm also tired of carrying this burden alone.  I need support, I need love, I need prayers.

*********************************************************************************

Infertility is a big word.  It can mean many things.  He might have a problem.  She might have a problem.  They both might have a problem.  The problem could be treatable.  The problem could be unknown.  There are tests, scans, drugs.  And there's waiting.  So much waiting.

We are personally working with the ever-so-vague "unexplained infertility".  Meaning: everything looks relatively fine on paper, but there's an X Factor playing a role in prohibiting our ability to get pregnant.  No quick fix, no "easy" button - just a lot of trial and error.

We want children more than anything we've ever wanted - and it's frustrating that it takes so much work to try to make it happen.  There is so much to learn, and the more I know the more I envy the couples that just get lucky.  They don't know how hard this process really is - and I wish I had the luxury to be so oblivious.

I'm on a crusade to pull back the veil that shrouds this process in mystery, and in shame.  I refuse to continue to believe that there is something wrong with us because we need assistance - and I want other people on this journey to know they aren't alone.  This can feel so isolating, and I want to change that.

So, if you care to you are welcome to join me on this path.  Maybe you'll learn something new, maybe you already know these details.  But I'm guessing that more folks than not have no idea - and I'm willing to try to change that with my story.  I'll be chronicling the coming days, weeks, months right here.  Welcome to our life - it's going to be interesting ...

xoxo

In a state with no required fertility coverage it takes a village to get it done - if you'd like to donate here's the link:
https://www.gofundme.com/projectbabyc

2 comments:

  1. Oh Becky...ugh, I feel ya girl. Infertility can be isolating and frustrating. So glad you are pulling back the veil, opening your heart and your vulnerabilities and letting us in. Support is crucial! I am praying for you and Dave in your journey to have a baby! I have been in that dark, vulnerable, sometimes scary place of infertility. It sucks but talking about it can sometimes help. Here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky & Dave, God bless you both as you set out on this journey again. I will be praying for you. Sending you hugs, support and love.

    ReplyDelete